So, it has been almost a month since I first blogged about my 20 Before Twenty plan. How much have I gotten done in the last month? Let’s see…
(and these are in no particular order either)
1. get engagement photos taken –well I’ve been working on this in just the last week or so. I really hoped to get our engagement photos taken sometime in March or April, while the Spring weather is nice and before it gets too hot. I’ve looked into and contacted photographers, but I’m not sure if it will happen that soon. 🙁
2. officially set the date for the wedding –we’ve got our date in mind, but are waiting to make it official until we’ve make sure that venues and all the other stuff will work with it. 🙂
3. try cooking new things with new ingredients (I think we might pick at least 1 new recipe a week) –so far we have done really well with this one! We’ve made at least one new recipe a week, often more than that and we’ve incorporated several new ingredients as well! 🙂
4. write a substantial poem –I don’t know that I’ve written a substantial poem yet, but I have written a couple smaller ones. 🙂
5. launch Drew & I’s combined design business (We’ve been working on it and I’m excited about it!) –YAY! This one is DONE! 🙂 Read about it here.
6. finish the stuff I need to do for my mom’s bow business –this isn’t completely done, but we have made major progress on it in the last couple weeks. Her store is almost up and running! I’ve got a couple other design things to do and this will be done! 🙂 (I’ll blog about it all once it is finished!)
7. officially decide on a location for the wedding & reception –We’ve tossed around a lot of ideas on this one. I think that maybe we have it figured out at least for the wedding part. We are still unsure about the reception, but have some pretty clear ideas of where we would like to have it. We need to work on this one in the next month or so.
8. go bridal shopping and try on my first wedding dress! –This one hasn’t been started at all. I know what I want my dress to look like, and I’ve looked online, but I haven’t tried anything on yet. 🙁
9. sew something on my new sewing machine I got for Christmas (I have several projects I want to do) –I have several more projects that I want to do now, but I haven’t had time yet to even think about them. I’m hoping that I will have some time over Mardi Gras/Spring Break next week. 🙂
10. Have a Corks N Canvas date night with Drew (more about that here) –Well we haven’t done this one yet because we couldn’t decide on which painting we both wanted to do. We did decide on one that we liked, but we couldn’t go on that day. Plus, I’m taking a painting class right now anyway, so I’ve already been spending a lot of time painting recently. I think this would be really fun to do in a group, but we don’t have anyone else to go with. 🙁
11. write another creative non-fiction short story –I’ve got several stories in mind, but again I haven’t gotten around to doing this one yet. However, I did help Drew write one for one of his classes last week. I wonder if that counts? I guess maybe this whole blog counts. 🙂
12. get a job for this summer –this I haven’t done yet. I have several places in mind, but I need to make a better list and start contacting people. I don’t know if they would be thinking yet about summer help though.
13. start a bible study that Drew & I do together –Well I bought Drew a new Bible and I bought a bible study book for us to do together, but it seems like every free minute we have we need to be doing homework, so we haven’t started it yet. 🙁 We definitely need to work on that one.
14. Make a budget/spending plan for Drew & I –We’ve sort-of done this one and sort-of not. We haven’t written out a budget yet, but we’ve gotten better about budgeting where our money should go. Saving for the wedding, not eating out as much, buying groceries and using them wisely, etc…
15. Continue my healthier-self diet & start going on more walks –this we have been working on. We have been cooking a lot and making healthier things, but lately I’ve made too many cookies and carbs. But it has significantly improved since before. We have just recently started our walks, now that it has gotten warmer and nicer out. That has been really nice! Just in the last week or so, we have walked to the grocery store twice, had a picnic and walked through the park, walked to another park yesterday for an art festival and we plan to continue doing this. It is so nice outside and walking, breathing in the fresh air, and seeing all the spring plants blooming just brightens your mood significantly! 🙂
16. work on decorating Drew’s apartment so it feels more “homey” –We’ve been working on this one too! We’ve gotten bedside lamps (I blogged about those here), different sheets, and just yesterday we got a new rug for the bathroom and a new rug for the dining room! 🙂 It is slowly getting better! 🙂
17. finish my 50 hours of community service for my scholarship that I need this semester –this one I definitely need to work on. I think I’ve completed maybe 15 hours or so, so I still have quite a few left. I needed to do another community service day yesterday, but after the craziness of my week, I really needed yesterday to relax a little. I need to set aside 5 or 6 more Saturdays of work to get this done. 🙁
18. make my creative portfolio of all my art and design work –I can’t decide what to do with this one. My art has improved significantly over each art class that I’ve taken at Tulane, making my previous artwork look wimpy. I think I might hold off on the art part, just because I don’t feel like I’ve done anything worthy enough for portfolio status. Although I should still probably put them in anyway, just to see how much I’ve improved. The design part will hopefully be getting done soon, because it needs to be added to our website. 🙂
19. get my first apartment –I’ve been looking at apartments, but this will need to be done a little closer to May.
20. work on the design for my wedding invitations and other various wedding planning –This needs to be worked on a lot more. I’ve got a lot of ideas and planned out what I want for most things, but I really need to start making more concrete decisions and getting stuff together. 🙂
I’m pretty happy because it looks like for at least most of them I’ve done something. Some I’ve completed, some I’ve gotten mostly done, and some I’ve just thought about. Those greatly outnumber the ones I haven’t done anything about, so I think that I’m pretty much on track so far. I’ve still got two and a half months to finish them! 🙂